Singapore has seven long public holidays weekends and 11 public holidays this year. Previously, only six public holidays were announced by the MOM in April 2022.
The new public holidays calendar received an extra-long weekend because Vesak Day falls on Friday, June 2 instead of June 3. Excitingly, this means that local holidaymakers have seven weekends to plan trips around in Singapore.
Here is the list of public holidays for 2023:
- Sunday, January 1, New Years Day (complete)
- Sunday, January 22, Chinese New Year (complete)
- Monday, January 23, Chinese New Year (complete)
- Friday, April 7, Good Friday (complete)
- Saturday, April 22, Hari Raya Puasa (complete)
- Monday, May 1, Labour Day (complete)
- Friday, June 2, Vesak Day
- Thursday, June 29, Hari Raya Haji
- Wednesday, August 9, National Day
- Sunday, November 12, Deepavali
- Monday, December 25, Christmas Day
Note how Monday November 13 will be public holidays.
Employees who work on public holidays in Singapore are entitled to an extra day’s salary at the basic rate of pay, in addition to their gross rate of pay for that day, as stated by MOM.