Singapore hospitals have once again ranked in The World’s Best Hospitals report. The annual list was revealed by Newsweek and global data firm Statista for the fifth year running. In particular, Singapore General Hospital took ninth place on the 2023 list, showcasing a jump from 12th place in 2022.
World’s Best Hospitals List 2023
The annual listing, which includes more than 2,300 hospitals in 28 countries, has ranked 250 top global hospitals starting with the best. Interestingly, these hospitals were ranked using hospital quality metrics, medical expert recommendations, notable publicly available data and PROMs implementation status – which are questionnaires completed by patients.
Newsweek stated the hallmarks of great hospitals are not just first-class care, research and innovation, but also consistency. This means that those who made the World’s Best Hospitals 2023 list in Singapore provide the best outcomes for patients, and important new therapies and research yearly.
The top 10 World’s Best Hospitals 2023 are:
1. Mayo Clinic – Rochester, United States
2. Cleveland Clinic – Cleveland, United States
3. Massachusetts General Hospital – Boston, United States
4. The John Hopkins Hospital – Baltimore, United States
5. Toronto General (University Health Network) – Toronto, Canada
6. Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset – Solna, Sweden
7. Charité – Universitätsmedizin – Berlin, Germany
8. AP-HP – Hôpital Universitaire Pitié Salpêtrière – Paris, France
9. Singapore General Hospital – Singapore
10. UCLA Health (Ronald Reagan Medical Center) – Los Angeles, United States
Despite the challenges caused by COVID-19 for the past three years, the World’s Best Hospitals 2023 are recognised as top-speciality hospitals. Additionally, other hospitals in Singapore that made the top 250 include National University Hospital (96th place), Mount Elizabeth Hospital – Orchard (105th), Tan Tock Seng Hospital (130th) and Gleneagles Hospital (135th).
The report objective is to be a useful indicator of reputable hospitals for patients and families seeking the best care worldwide.