Good rhythm, catchy melodies and memorable lyrics are just some of the qualities of a pop song. Add hundreds of glowing candles, a stunning or iconic venue in Singapore and supremely talented, classically-trained musicians and you’ve got Candlelight Pop, a series of tribute concerts celebrating some of the modern era’s biggest-ever stars and hits.
But Candlelight isn’t just stopping at Pop. They’re going beyond to pay tribute to music that redefined what was popular at the time, defied being categorised and artists that transcended forms, styles and tastes to appeal to so many. No matter what you describe them as we just can’t get them out of our heads and Candlelight is shining bright on them.
Table Of Contents
At these incredible candlelit performances, you’ll get to hear your favourite songs from artists we all know. But it won’t be as you’ve heard them before. Their songs have been reimagined for string quartets, piano duos and musical trios but you’ll still find yourself mouthing or singing along to every note and word. It will be impossible not to.
These artists have been chart-toppers (some across decades), gone platinum multiple times over, sold-out stadium tours and been major cultural figures that have influenced not just musical tastes, but also fashion and dance as well. They’re part of music history and they’re getting the Candlelight treatment.
Upcoming Candlelight Pop (and beyond) Tribute concerts
- Sing “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!” to ABBA in May and June
- “We Will Rock You” with Queen in May and June
- Candles will be lighting up this “Blank Space”, Tay Tay, in June
- “等你下課 Waiting For You” to come Jay Chou in June
- “Hymn for the Weekend” because it’s Coldplay in June
- “Thinking Out Loud” to Ed Sheeran in June
- It’s “Man In The Mirror” and Michael Jackson in June
- “All I Ask” is for Adele to come back in June
More Candlelight Pop concerts are in the pipeline and we’re also looking to see the return of past favourites that have wowed audiences already. Keep an eye on this space for more to come.