Matthew Perry, best known for his role on the Emmy-award-winning sitcom ”Friends”, died on Saturday (October 28) aged 54. Tributes have been pouring in around the world for Perry, who played Chandler Bing, for more than a decade on the iconic comedy show.
Perry who landed the role when he was just 24 went on to appear in more than 200 episodes in one of the most popular TV shows of our era. Even though ,it ended in 2004, after a 10 year run, millennials, Gen Z’s and teenagers are still obsessed today.
The news comes after Perry and the cast members – including Jennifer Aniston (Rachel), Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe), Courteney Cox (Monica), David Schwimmer (Ross) and Matt LeBlanc (Joey) – reunited for the unscripted HBO Max Friends: The Reunion in 2021 after 17 years.
Chandler Bing was loved for his witty jokes, relatable one-liners, deadpan sarcasm, and he even scored the last ever line on ‘Friends’. Therefore, we wanted to honour the late Matthew Perry by rounding up his 15 best Chandler Bing quotes from Friends. Still, after two decades, these sarcastic and memorable jokes never get old.
- Chandler: “I’m not so good with the advice. Can I Interest you in a sarcastic comment?”
- Ross: “Here we go. Pivot. Pivot! Pivot! Pi-vot. Pi-vot. Pi-vot!” Chandler: “Shut up. Shut up. SHUT UP”
- Chandler: “Condoms?” (about Joey’s emergency kit) Joey: “We don’t know how long we’re gonna be stuck in here. We might need to repopulate the earth.” Chandler: “And condoms are a way to do that?”
- Chandler: “I’m glad we are having a rehearsal dinner. I rarely practice my meals before I eat.”
- Monica: “You were my midnight mystery kisser?” Ross: “You were my first kiss with Rachel?” Monica: “You were my first kiss ever?” Chandler: “What have I married into?”
- Joey: “Oh sorry, did I get ya?” Chandler: “No, you didn’t get me. It’s an electric drill, you get me, you kill me.”
- Chandler: “Hi, I’m Chandler, I make jokes when I’m uncomfortable.”
- Chandler: “Look, some girl ate Monica.” Monica: “Shut up! The camera adds ten pounds.” Chandler: “So how many cameras are actually on you?”
- Chandler: “If I were a guy…did I just say, ‘If I were a guy?’”
- Rachel: “It’s not that common, it doesn’t happen to every guy and it IS a big deal.” Chandler: “I KNEW IT!”
- Chandler: “Hey Janice, it’s me. I just wanted to apologize in advance for having chased you down the street.”
- Chandler: “Anybody know a good tailor?” Joey: “You need some clothes altered?” Chandler: “No, no, I’m just looking for a man to draw on me with chalk.”
- Ross: “No, homo habilis was erect. Australopithecus was never fully erect.” Chandler: “Well, maybe he was nervous.”
- Rachel: “Guys! Guess what, guess what, guess what?!” Chandler: “The fifth dentist caved, and now they’re ALL recommending Trident?”
- Joey: “Do you know what I’m gonna do if I ever see that guy again?” Chandler: BEND OVER?!”
Matthew Perry was an American-Canadian Actor, who won numerous awards for his outstanding performances in this comedy series. He first made his television debut in 1970 with 240-Robert. Perry, released an addiction memoir in 2022 called ”Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing”, where he got serious about sobriety.
Friends can be streamed on Netflix right now, if you want to remember Matthew Perry as Chandler Bing in this iconic legacy he left behind, among other accomplishments.